Re: [ga] Ignoring the public again? - An ICANN SOP...

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  As you know Danny, Phillip is really not completely responsible for
input and consultation with the public on such matters as New TLD's
to which you refer.  However he does have some amount of
responsibility to insist on such input and consultation be ongoing
and effected.  It is however the ICANN staff's and in particular with
the issue of new TLD's that or Stuart Lynn whom is supposedly
heading up this area presently.

  As we have repeatedly and unfortunately seen in our interaction and
participation with the ICANN DoD, Staff and that NC, reluctance
if not down right purposeful disenfranchisement from the ICANN
staff has been and still remains pervasive and deplorable...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Philip,
>
> Regarding the timeline for upcoming Council recommendations on new gTLDs, you
> wrote:
>
> "Working as a committee of the whole and on such an issue is an exceptional
> case and does not seem compatible with the aggressive time lines of the
> policy development process intended for narrower issues."
>
> While some may agree or disagree with your position on this matter regarding
> the strict observance of PDP dates, your timeline has made no provision for
> public input as contemplated by Annex A to the ICANN Bylaws:  Public
> Notification of Initiation of the PDP:
>
> "After initiation of the PDP, ICANN shall post a notification of such action
> to the Website. A public comment period shall be commenced for the issue for
> a period of twenty (20) calendar days after initiation of the PDP. The Staff
> Manager, or some other designated representative of ICANN shall review the
> public comments and incorporate them into a report (the "Public Comment
> Report") to be included in either the Preliminary Task Force Report or the
> Initial Report, as applicable."
>
> Is it your intent to once more circumvent the process that allows for the
> expression of the public view?

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801