[ga] CRADA reports

Dear Vint,

As noted in the "Department of Commerce Statement Regarding Extension of
Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN":

"Given the importance of this issue to Internet security and stability,
Amendment 5 to the MOU refines and underscores the existing MOU task for
ICANN to review the current status of the root server system and to propose
and implement enhanced architecture for root server security (ICANN Task 5).
The Department considers the completion of this task absolutely crucial,
particularly in today's post-September 11th world. Amendment 5 sets forth a
due date of November 30, 2002 for the report detailing the root server
system's status, and a due date of December 31, 2002 for the enhanced
architecture proposal."

I regret to report that I did not find mention of progress on these
absolutely crucial reports within the "Fifth Status Report to the United
States Department of Commerce".

Could you perhaps provide the community with an update?

Best regards,
Danny