ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] Request to ban Basque nationalist sites via DNS

This one is a wierd one.  Had it not been for a banning and eviction my
ancestors would not have moved, from the Basque Highland, to an emerald isle
and then been forced to move to America where I am pleased to have been born
on a 7,000 foot mountain above the Grand Canyon.

My point is that if you force an issue like this you create the will and
desire to route around.  You do not solve problems of heritage by hiding
information.  Embracing it head on with information is the only answer.
I am very proud of Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy.
Issues of feelings and desires and right and wrong do not desolve by
stopping the voice, they dissolve by hearing the voice.

How can we move out of the hatred that spurns violent acts unless we listen
to the voices that create violence.  Banning of any sort is wrong because it
cuts off the dialogue that may create an understanding.  It is the
embracement of words and the time to listen that will win a war on any front
becuase the war will not start.

We are now capable of such wonderful acts of understanding and
communication.  Let us use them in a peaceful and rightful manner to create
dialogue and learn from one another.

I am working hard on projects between the USA and Vietnam, where we fought a
war half a lifetime ago.  But neither side is banning information.  Oh the
words are frightful at times but the communication stays open and so
understanding and cooperation are being achieved. Hatefullness and contempt
are being aired and the air is becoming less frigid.

Please let our Spanish breathren allow their Basque people to speak and then
speak back to them.  Open dialogue and open minds come from ease of
communication, please let it be so.

Sincerely,
eric