RE: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

Let mer rephrase to make it more clear, including a "chain" in the
whois:

Originally the whois rfc states that there are several fields required,
the name of the domain owner, the name and contact of the tech (C) and
the name and contact for an admin (C) and later was added the billing
contact.

The idea behind this was simple; the tech contact was important for site
problems, and when in the old days you wanted to register a domain, your
ISP who was in most cases the "go-between" for registration was the tech
contact (even if it was not the go-between, you needed permission and
the isp's name) the registrar/reseller (isp) was the admin contact and
the billing contact.
In itself the chain of "ownership" has not changed that much.
One registers a domain, pays the reseller or registrar who then submits
it to the registry, so for the registry the registrar is the billing
contact and for the registrar, well he has his customer or his reseller
as a billing contact, but that is of less importance to the world where
the bill goes, so it is a "useless" field.

Now the registrar/reseller in his due diligence as well in his business
model should have correct data on his customer and know where to reach
that customer, however nowadays he most likely will not be the host for
the site.

So we have a domain-owner (name only)
A registrar/reseller who has all the data he should have on his customer
(admin/billing)
And a hosting company that hosts the site (tech)

That is how is was designed and could and perhaps even should be, all
private data protected and the policy of the registrar/reseller
prevailing in customer choice.

However one can take that one step further and add fraud-protection to
it; If a domain is registered and a charge-back occurs then nowadays
most resellers and or registrars are out of money -eof-

That out of money wont change but the possibility to delete or recycle
the domain gets more evident then it is now.

The "owner's" influence on a domainname is neglectable, no matter what,
in case of problems IF he wants to solve them and is not the real cause
of the problem.

The owner's name is more then sufficient as long as somewhere down the
line someone has the right data for that customer.
Registering domains with a different owner name then the CC should then
safely be possible, as long as the admin = cc there is no problem, if
both are != then no registration should take place via cc.

"back to how it was" is not always a bad thing, though it proofs
impossible, alas.

Abel