[ga] Priorities please. let us look at the big picture

Dear all

I think the debates that have raged on many issues regarding Wipo, Icann, IETF, the names council, etc., are all fine. But I think that in the overall scope of things, they pale in comparison with what we are all witnessing.

The momentum for war by the US hawks with Iraq against international law looks like it is now becoming a certainty.
if it is allowed to happen it will change the rule of international law forever.  It will also give rise and way to a vulture like state of international affairs where countries and individuals will feel legitimised in pre-empting an attack on another sovereign nation without proof of imminent direct danger simply based on the philosophy of their perception that they are right and that they just can.  Not to mention the further alienation of the world outside the western hemisphere, and the Berlin like wall / barrier that will be erected between the many regions of the world. While many in the US believe they are justified the reality and the perception outside of the US all over the world is that they are not. yet war still remains imminent.

When that happens there will be no need to worry about wipo, standards, Icann etc. ... because anarchy will rule. I urge you all reflect on what I am saying and redirect your energies and voice your opinions not just to us on these mailing lists but those with influence elsewhere as well, on this grave matter of imminent catastrophe.
Humanity and civilisation must not permit this war to take place in their names or take place at all. If we fail, this will render all our arguments utterly mute and redundant.  Because there won't be anything left for us to argue about as we embark on a newer world order or lack of. Perhaps this can be a rallying point for the majority of us to agree and act upon.

Khaled Fattal