RE: [ga] WHOIS policy issues / accuracy

Thanks Thomas excellent resource.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Thomas
Roessler
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 5:16 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: [ga] WHOIS policy issues / accuracy

   I have prepared summaries of the comments the WHOIS task force
   has received on the issues of [1]accuracy of WHOIS data (warning:
   long!), and on [2]bulk access, marketing, resale. The comments on
   accuracy in particular lead to the identification of a number of
   concerns with existing policy. I have tried to summarize some of
   these [3]in a separate document.  (Note that it's not really
   clear to what extent these issues can be attacked in the reaping
   of low-hanging fruits which is currently going on in the WHOIS
   task force.)