[ga] Re: ICANN Staff Changes ? - New TLS - Attn. Stuart Lynn/Steve Crocker

Jim, Steve, Stuart and all,

  It is interesting that Steve says he is not a part of the ICANN staff.  That
certainly is news to me...  Thank you Steve for this clarification.

  What is even more interesting sense along time ago now it was
clearly determined from other studies that there is no technical
limit to the number of new TLD's that can be added that before
the study/committee that Steve Crocker was "Ask" to participate
on along with a number of others.
See: http://www.icann.org/committees/ntepptf/new-gtld-action-plan-18oct02.htm#I-Recommendations
Where the following was pre-stated by Stuart Lynn:
"I therefore recommend that the Board instruct the staff to solicit proposals
for up to three more sponsored TLDs as an extension of the "Proof of Concept"
and following similar, if somewhat streamlined, criteria and ground rules,
subject to funding a rapid study, based on sampling techniques as appropriate, to
assess to what extent, if any, the new sponsored TLDs have admitted
registrants that lie outside of their charters."

  This would seem to rather significant as well as somewhat premature
to pre-limit the number of new or additional TLD's to three...???
How could and honest study for adding new TLD's pre-limit the
number of those new TLD's?

Jim Fleming wrote:

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801