Re: [ga] Listen-only ports

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 10:04, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> Brett,
> I am not interested in listening to the meeting only after it adjourns.  I
> want to exercise my rights under the bylaws to listen to the meeting while it
> is in progress.  Do you seek to deny me my rights?

Why, Danny? Why make the NC go to the added expense of making telephone
bridge ports available for a non-participatory meeting when you can
listen to the entirety of the meeting within an hour after it adjourns?
The Constituency dues structure is already so high that it thwarts
participation, so why needlessly add to the expense?

Personally, I'd take the view that the MP3 recording satisfies the NC's
obligation to you, but why force the issue. I don't see how this helps
you participate in the work of the DNSO.

          -- Bret