RE: [ga] Ignoring the Rules

Michael,

I can assure you that we have been taking the rules very seriously.  The
Registrars (and the Internet Community )have spent over a year and a half on
this issue.  The Task Force has spent over a year on producing substantive
recommendation and has put them forth to the community for comment.  The
report can be found at:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20021016.NCTransfertTF-interim-report.html

We are working on providing the following (as Danny Younger has pointed
out).  I can give you my own comments (SEE ALL CAPS)

(a) an abstract of all proposals which achieved a meaningful level of
support, TO BE HONEST, THERE WERE NO OTHER PROPOSALS THAT WERE RECEIVED

(b) a clear statement of what is being proposed and its underlying rationale
THIS IS IN THE REPORT ITSELF

(c) an analysis of who and what systems might be impacted by the proposal WE
ARE SEEKING COMMENT ON THIS.

(d) the specific steps that would be necessary to take to implement the
proposal -  THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS WE ARE SEEKING COMMENT ON

(e) the costs and risks, if any, of implementing the proposal and how they
would be borne  -- THIS IS SOMETHING ELSE WE ARE SEEKING COMMENT ON.

(f) a statement of which stakeholders have been consulted about the proposal

and what support the proposal has in the various stakeholder communities. WE
ARE PUTTING THIS OUT FOR PUBLIC COMMENT TO SEE WHAT SUPPORT EXISTS FOR THE
PROPOSAL OUTSIDE OF THE TASK FORCE.  YOU CANNOT FIND OUT WHO SUPPORTS A
PROPOSAL BEFORE YOU PUT THE PROPOSAL OUT.

Now, this is pleas #3.  You have the report, you can read it and you can
comment.  But if you do not provide any comments, then to state the obvious,
your comments cannot be considered.

Thanks.