[ga] Re: past of .su (was FYI: Future of .su)

On 11:13 25/10/02, Roberto Gaetano said:
>Obviously the registrants under .su will have by now also new entries
>under ..ru (or.ua, .by, or whatever new country formerly in the URSS they
>are in), and with time they might have lost interest in their old names,
>but what is the stringent motivation to decommission .su, it escapes me.
>If there are users that still... use it, what is the cost and/or harm of
>keeping it alive, at least until SU stays in the ISO-3166-1 reserved list
>(which is probably for quite a long time)?

The reason why must keep .su alive is the respect of the users: the
hyperlink in SSSR archives are part of history and historians need them. We
should use that real life example to work on the matter of web archives,
our univesal memory became temporary with web hyperlinks.
jfc