Re: [ga] .de nameservers updated

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 06:17:50PM +0200,
 Patrick Mevzek <patrick@gandi.net> wrote
 a message of 26 lines which said:

> If I were you, before crying wolf I would asked those NIC if they
> requested the change, and then I would ask ICANN if they have
> received the request and why they have not reacted to it.

ICANN has a marketing department, they don't need accredited
registrars to defend them.

> >From first hand experience I know, for example, that some people running
> nameservers used for ccTLDs are not aware that they need to follow a
> special procedure to update IP of their nameserver (outside normal
> procedure for all changes of IP).

From first-hand experience, I know that the update of .fr (suppressing
ns.eu.net) was delayed by ICANN because of the infamous contract (the
one which mandates zone transfer access, see
<URL:http://www.centr.org/news/ICANN-Zone-Access-Comments.html>). The
people of .de also experienced the same problem and reported it. Other
ccTLD described the same experience at CENTR meetings.

Do note that, in his recent interview to Demys
<URL:http://www.demys.net/news/printer/02_oct_18_inside_icann.htm>,
Jonathan Cohen did not deny the problem: when asked about it, he
talked of something else.