Re: [ga] .de nameservers updated

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:32:45PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer took time to write:
> > Are you sure they have asked for the change? I saw a note some time ago which
> > indicated that some ccTLDs hadn't yet requested a change.
>
> No, I cannot be positive, I do not work for these NIC. But I observe
> that Albania and Romania, for instance, have a correct list of name
> servers at the primary, but not in ICANN zone file. Therefore, I
> assume they are not neglecting their work.

Assumptions are not proof nor guarantees.

If I were you, before crying wolf I would asked those NIC if they
requested the change, and then I would ask ICANN if they have
received the request and why they have not reacted to it.

From first hand experience I know, for example, that some people running
nameservers used for ccTLDs are not aware that they need to follow a
special procedure to update IP of their nameserver (outside normal
procedure for all changes of IP).

Patrick Mevzek.