Re: [ga] Text Posting of Michael Palage's Comments on Whois TaskForce

I did not repost Karl's comments, but it is clear that I agree with them.

However, sometimes we must subsidize a service in order to make it affordable.

Clearly data bases of millions of people are more valuable to a Registry than are the
domain name registration payments.  Just look at the figures.
I do not like it one bit, but it is reality.  By ignoring or hating this fact we miss
the most essential element and that is; that this should not be a freebie to a huge
corporation, they should pay back to the users for this transgression.  Just look at
the spam type stuff generated off the GA list, I had to repaint my delete button ;-)
Well it is happening but the members of the GA make nothing from it, because we
pretend it is not happening even though it is.  This is like not taxing illegal drugs
because they are illegal - nonsense.

So even if we somehow make the Whois data completely private those having it will use
it and we should have a piece of that cash cow.

Sincerely,
eric