Re: [ga] Response to your posting on the NC List

Well this sounds pretty realistic.
It is good to remember that ICANN is a forum.  All of its' technical functions
are just that.  Either they offer the best product or cajole the most control or
we go elsewhere.
I believe that world wide they are running at a losing pace.  They maybe still
ahead but not by much.
I do not believe ICANN was involved with the contracting for dotUS. EU looks
enticing and China is a wild card. This LACNIC will be more important than many
think. Some argue pricing and I disagree it is brandability that makes a name
worth 5k USD.  Anyone can get on line that is not an issue anymore, anyone can
piggyback a website/page, four kids going together with milk money can afford
it.

So I think Mssr. Palage that you may rethink this position with regard to "only
when we have time" will we participate.  I do not know who has the ace up the
sleeve but ICANN is now playing a losing hand.
Don't get me wrong I love power politics and free enterprise, we just must
recognize that we are not playing a child's game of fish but a dangerous game of
Poker, with real stakes.  How many ISPs exist today that existed in 1998?  Run
through that list of Registrars and try to ring all of them up on the telly -
not going to happen.
Our company is not a registrar and is not a registry and is not an Isp but we
fulfil all of these functions and watch ICANN like a hawk.

Sincerely,
Eric Dierker
Hi-Tek