De: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]En nombre de Andy
Gardner
Enviado el: Viernes, 11 de Octubre de 2002 01:54 PM
Para: ga@dnso.org
Asunto: RE: Generics [Was RE: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re:
NewZealand.biz]

At 1:35 PM -0500 10/11/02, Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato wrote:
>Perhaps; it's not only generic, but also descriptive of their services.
>However it may be considered to be sufficently distinctive as a service
mark
>by some instances.

So first you say it's generic, but they you say you might allow it to be
registered as a mark, because it's descriptive?

<head shake>Okaaaaaaay.</head shake>

Plonk!

For those of you not versed in Spanish, "mercado libre" is "free market".
mercadolibre.com.mx is eBay's Mexican portal.

First Seņor Rodrigo wants to delete the registration because it's generic,
now he wants to award them a service mark.

I think he and Jeff (and all the little voices in Jeff's head) will become
good friends.