De: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]En nombre de Andy
Gardner
Enviado el: Jueves, 10 de Octubre de 2002 07:10 PM
Para: ga@dnso.org
Asunto: RE: Generics [Was RE: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re:
NewZealand.biz]

At 5:51 PM -0500 10/10/02, Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato wrote:
>On the other hand, it is funny that you should mention the interest of
>Mexico on what a Norwegian does through a Brazilian registry, because the
>last time I checked, a Norwegian holds TEQUILA.COM, and uses it for a
mobile
>phone website. As you know, TEQUILA is not only our foremost national
>liquor, but it is also an apellation controlle, which may not be used for
>anything else but for the identification of the aforesaid beverage.

So anyone who lives in Tequila, Jalisco, is not allowed to say where
they're from, unless they hav a drink in their hand at the time?

Are cartographers allowed to mark Tequila, Jalisco on maps?

You sound like you want to progress TM law to the stage where people get
jailed for uttering a TM'ed term.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?