Re: [ga] BC discussion draft on new domain names

Danny and all assembly members, stakeholders or other interested parties,

  Thank you again Danny for this interestingly worded request.  Of course
"Transparency" has never been a Hallmark of the BC, the IPC or for that
matter the ICANN Staff and BOD.  I am fairly sure that the BC in this
instance is only following the ICANN Staff and BOD's example with
respect to "Transparency" or lack there of in this, yet another instance.
I am also sure that we can all unfortunately look forward to this sort
of nonsense again.

  It would be a good idea IMHO if the DOC/NTIA stepped in here
and cleaned this sort of silly nonsense up...  But I suppose that if
wishers were horses, beggars would ride...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Philip,
>
> The BC website indicates:  "Discussion on new domain names" -- There is
> discussion now on the mailing list on a draft paper proposing a
> differentiated expansion of the name space. Your input is needed.
>
> Unfortunately the link to the draft paper hasn't been working, and the draft
> doesn't seem to appear in the parent directory.  I wrote to your Secretariat
> regarding this matter and, of course, received no reply.  As one of the only
> people that ever reads these BC draft documents, perhaps you could humor me
> by fixing the link?  Apparently none of your members that are involved on
> your mailing list "discussion" have even noticed that the document isn't
> there.
>
> Or perhaps this is your attempt to honor the requirement of "transparency" :)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801