Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Ram,

You write:  "the new GNSO does provide users with a substantial voice".  Not
exactly true.  The new GNSO provides only a very small subset of users with a
voice, the BC-IPC-ISP-NHDNHC group.  But what about folks like Roberto
Gaetano, Alex Svensson, Thomas Roessler, Jon Weinberg, Leah Gallegos, Abel
Weisman or Joanna Lane?  What about the remaining 500+ members of the DNSO
General Assembly that are not constituency members that have no voting voice
whatsoever?

We participate regularly in this effort, we involve ourselves in debate,
discussion, and have demonstrated an ongoing resolve to work at arriving at
solutions to the problems we all face.  But we are inequitably denied a
voting voice.

All of us are dissatisfied with the current decision model, and everyone is
looking for a voting model that truly reflects consensus -- so why not try
pure democracy, a system that most everyone can readily accept?  I'm sure
that the DNSO Secretariat has a roster of every constituency member and every
registered General Assembly voting member -- if you need an honest voting
system that reflects the wishes of all members of the DNSO so that the DNSO
consensus can be firmly quantified, why not put all issues to a plebiscite of
the members?