Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Jeff and all assembly members,

Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> Let me add another point.  Nobody is stating that the gTLDs should not have
> to sit down at the table with the user constituencies.  In fact, I believe
> that we should be required to do so for all of the reasons that Chuck has
> explained.
>
> I think that everyone can recognize the difference between being required to
> sit down at the table with the users and being required to adopt any policy
> that the users come up with regardless of whether such policy is technically
> feasible or whether such solution is practicable from a financial
> perspective.

  Of course.  However it is necessary, prudent and in the best interests
of the registries, registrars, and the stakeholders/users that the very
same stakeholder/users, registrants or not, have a voice and a vote
on any and all policies being considered by ICANN or any registry/registrar
that may effect them.

> The concept of a division between users and providers is NOT a new concept.
> In fact, it was first introduced (officially) in the At-large Working Group
> which many in the GA supported highly (although it was not adopted).

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801