RE: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Chuck,

--- "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@verisign.com> wrote:
> the Internet) and let the market work freely.  Then and only then
> will users
> be broadly represented.  Finally, those businesses under contract who
> ignore
> the statements made by users in the marketplace will lose.

All of the arguments you made could have been made from the other side,
and have been. This "holier than thou" attitude from the "contracted
parties" is hilarious to watch. Does Jeff Williams write your letters?
:) Verisign is a one-trick pony (meeting the needs of its consumers
isn't that trick!), and I hope to be there when it meets its destiny.

As for your "final" conclusion, that might be true, if only there was
no monopoly by those businesses, wouldn't you agree? The place wher
there is no monopoly, at the registrar layer, is showing that Verisign
is unable to compete on a level playing field.

Control of the .com registry as a monopoly allows Verisign to dictate
to its consumers, as you well know, unless that abusive monopoly is
countered. Having a monopolist talk about letting "the market work
freely" is not the answer, it's just another sign of wanting
unrestrained power to abuse the market.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/

P.S. Is there a pattern in Chuck's postings? Everytime VRSN stock takes
a beating, he seems to post more. Might make an interesting academic
study for someone to analyze the correlation....