Re: [TLDA Public] Re: [ga] FTC Really should take action against ICANN and Neulevel for Failing to provide proper disclosures to consumers

On Thursday 26 September 2002 05:08 pm, John Palmer wrote:
> *****TLDA PUBLIC COMMENTS FORUM*****
>

> Thats not the point, John. It was inactive for awhile but came back online
> in Jan/Feb 2002. I remember sitting in a hotel room in St. Louis (while
> working onsite at a client's office), talking to Leah for the first time on
> my cellphone. She had just re-launched it.

 Just to be crystal clear, the automated web-based registry came back online
after being down for a while.  However, the TLD / domains never ceased to
resolve for those in existence since managment changed to ARNI in May, 2000.
Having an online web-based registration system is incidental as long as the
registry functions and domains resolve.  Those things have been consistently
in place.  In that sense, the TLD has not been inactive at all.

Leah