RE: [ga] Antitrust Violations

> A collusion on the part of registrars with registries to not
> allow certain
> proposals to become policy is assuredly an antitrust violation,

No.  Fixing prices among competitors is an antitrust violation.  Are you
saying that every lobbying organization in Washington is engaged in
anticompetitive collusion?  When the automobile manufacturers pool their
lobbying efforts to dissuade Congress from raising fuel efficiency
standards, they are not violating anti-trust law.  Business associations,
professional societies, and standards organizations all involve cooperative
efforts among economic competitors to regulate practices and policies.  They
are not colluding to fix prices.

One of the things I believe Mr. Palage was driving at was the disconnect
between the standard domain registration contract terms required in the
registrar accreditation agreement, which assumes a registrar-registrant
relationship, and the practice among some up and coming registrars of
building a business model around a registrar-reseller-registrant
relationship.  However, putting specific words into his mouth on the basis
of abbreviated minutes which he may not have read or approved is hardly
fair.