Re: [ga] IAB on ICANN Mission

David Farrar wrote:

>So the RIRs, the IAB and the ccTLDs are all saying that ICANN is not
>listening and trying to impose decisions top-down.
>
>Is there anyone left for ICANN to piss off?

IPC? BC?

More seriously, what do RIRs, IAB and ccTLDs have in common?
The first thing that comes to my mind is that they were working reasonably
well *before* ICANN, and therefore their first concern is how to continue
working *in spite of* ICANN.
The point is that ICANN was created for solving problems that were mostly
related to gTLDs: expansion of the namespace, introduction of competition,
dispute resolution, and so on. They are all basically saying that ICANN
should fix the things that are broken, and not the ones that are not.

Regards
Roberto