Re: [ga] hardware problems with forum machine

Vittorio and all assembly members,

  Yes, you right t of course here Vittorio.  This is what I suggested yesterday
on this thread and I believe that Danny was hinting at in his start of this
thread as well.  Thank you none the less for confirming...

  To me and it would seem yourself and others this incident, amongst
a host of past problems and Marc's post on "ICANN & Stability"
as to the errors in the ICANN.ORG  zone listing, that the ICANN
staff either has allot of work ahead of it to correct in house
problems or has been neglecting those technical inconsistencies.
As such for Stuart Lynn to suggest how other registries should
handle their Name Servers and zone listings is akin to the pot
calling the kettle black...

  Does this lead us as stakeholders/users to be concerned as to
ICANN's technical competency?  I don't really know.  But it
certainly could be viewed that way...

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:05:30 EDT, you wrote:
>
> >How very strange that we didn't have these type of difficulties before you
> >joined the ICANN Staff.  It must, however, just be pure coincidence that your
> >hardware fails on each such occasion.  I'm sure none of us would deem you
> >responsible, would we?
>
> Generally speaking, one would imagine that an organization with the level of
> exposure and budget that ICANN has would use at least n+1 redundant
> facilities to avoid going offline with any service. One more web server is
> not a significant cost for a budget measured in million dollars...
> --
> vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
> --------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801