Re: [ga] hardware problems with forum machine

Eric and all assembly members,

  I got to think that there should have been a hot backup for this forum
Box.  Perhaps however as it is not critical, there is none.  But I really
don't know.  Perhaps Kent could enlighten us on that point..  Kent?

  In any event ICANN's technical expertise on a practical level has
been less than adequate for some time as Marc points out.  The very
fact that ICANN has had quite a number of incidents in keeping
their main Web site up also points this problem up.  Given that,
however how can we as stakeholders have or give any confidence
to ICANN in its technical roles when the basics seem to be
difficult for them too often?

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> I just work for a little iddy biddy little company.
> but this one cracks me up.
> How funny.
> Who ever runs this program must be a totally incompetent boob.
> I feel really bad for Kent to have to put up with such stupidity.
> I bet Cerf is just beside himself with security dilemmas.
> I hope they will sue the hardware provider and get compensated.
> Oh my! just think they are running the Internet but cannot run a list server.  I
> certainly hope the man in charge does not commit suicide, think of the disgrace
> to his/family.
> I feel so bad for them.
> hihihihihihi
>
> Marc Schneiders wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, at 15:05 [=GMT-0400], DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Kent,
> >
> > > How very strange that we didn't have these type of difficulties before you
> > > joined the ICANN Staff.
> >
> > Now, Danny, you haven't forgotten how badly the server for the atlarge
> > elections worked, back in 2000, have you? That was before Kent came on the
> > Staff.
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801