Re: [ga] Update On Whois Enforcement

At 1:36 PM +1200 9/20/02, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>This is the truly frightening part.
>How much chance are registrants given for "timely" complying?

I seem to recall times in the past where NSI's WHOIS output has become
hopelessly garbled.

If I was a registrant who had paid for 10 years of registration (just to be
safe) and then had my domain deleted because NSI's WHOIS became garbled and
someone complained, I'd be pretty annoyed.

And powerless, since the registrars are allowed to weasle out of their
responsibilities via one-sided contracts.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?