Re: Clean up your own mess before messing with others (Re: [ga] Re: ICANN & Stability)

Marc, Karl and all assembly members,

  You got that right Marc!  Joe Baptista pointed this problem
out over a year ago now as did Jim Fleming.

  To me and many of our [INEGroup] members as well as it seems a number
of other stakeholders/users, that the ongoing incompetence of the ICANN
staff still continues in this and several other areas that have been
discussed
recently, namely DNS security and IPv6 security holes...

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, at 17:48 [=GMT-0700], Karl Auerbach wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Alexander Svensson wrote:
> >
> > > This standoff is painted a bit too dramatic by both sides.
> >
> > I disagree; I find this issue to be extremely important from several
> > points of view.  ICANN's claims are technically incorrect
>
> As is it's own zonefile in comparison with the org zone as far as
> nameservers is concerned. I have pointed this out before on this list. It
> is still the case. Why don't they clean up their own mess before messing
> with others?
>
> How on earth can we let some body check our zones if it cannot do its own
> right? And does not even correct it, after having been pointed to the
> problem... ICANN seems completely deaf and incorrectible.
>
> ; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> icann.org. ns @ns.isi.edu
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> icann.org.              1D IN NS        venera.isi.edu.
> icann.org.              1D IN NS        ns.isi.edu.
> icann.org.              1D IN NS        ns.ripe.net.
> icann.org.              1D IN NS        ns.apnic.net.
> icann.org.              1D IN NS        ns.icann.org.
> icann.org.              1D IN NS        rip.psg.com.
> icann.org.              1D IN NS        svc00.apnic.net.
>
> ; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> icann.org. ns @a.gtld-servers.net
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> icann.org.              2D IN NS        NS.ISI.EDU.
> icann.org.              2D IN NS        NS.RIPE.NET.
> icann.org.              2D IN NS        RIP.PSG.COM.
> icann.org.              2D IN NS        SVC00.APNIC.NET.
> icann.org.              2D IN NS        VENERA.ISI.EDU.
> icann.org.              2D IN NS        NS.APNIC.NET.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801