Re: [ga] Re: ICANN & Stability

  • To: "M. Stuart Lynn" <lynn@icann.org>, DannyYounger@cs.com, ga@dnso.org, touton@icann.org
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN & Stability
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@does-not-exist.org>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:31:04 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

On 2002-09-18 13:47:48 +0200, Sabine Dolderer/Denic wrote:

>The checks where even not performed during the ISI era as pointed
>out in an email from Josh Elliot (see below) to the cctld-discuss
>list it was a wish. And this wish is understandable if you have
>performed such services in the beginning of DNS technologie. In
>1994 and 1995 when people started to use DNS it was sometimes
>helpful to give them advice in how to correct their configurations
>and I would be happy if IANA will provide that on a voluntary
>basis to those who want that.

Actually, why would this have to be a service, as opposed to a tool?
I don't believe that IANA is inspecting zone files manually.

Thus, they are either using existing tools, or they have created
something of their own.  In either case, it would be helpful for the
entire community to make either the tool itself (if proprietary) or
a recommendation for one of the existing tools available.

After all, there are still small zone files out there which are
edited manually (not necessarily TLDs), and whose maintainers could
greatly profit from the availability of such a tool.

Stuart, how about making that publication?
--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.INFO/