Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com

John, Joanna and all assembly members,

  Joanna, I am afraid that John has you here.  Indeed icannatlarge.
is technically in violation of current US Trademark Law.  It is
also so as John points out that ICANN is not defending it's mark either.
I am also surprised that ICANN has not filed a UDRP on ICANNATLARGE.COM.

  John, Joanna also has a valid point as well given the history, that
ICANN has in effect neglected it's responsibility and betrayed
stakeholders/users whole scale and globally.

John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:

> Greetings Joanna,
>
> It is a very simple issue.
>
> Does ICANNatlarge have a license to use ICANN's trademarks?  Your answer, in
> about 500 or so words, is "no."
>
> A former Chair of the ICANN Board does not have the authority to grant a
> trademark license, and she wouldn't have had that authority even when she was
> chair.  As Mr. Cerf is fond of explaining, individual board members are not
> entitled to make decisions on behalf of the entire corporation, and Mr. Cerf
> is willing to go to court over that principle (whether or not it applies to
> the dispute actually being litigated).  It doesn't matter if Esther Dyson
> donated, what Mike Roberts thought was a good idea, or how much Denise
> Michelle was paid by whom or for what.
>
> Similarly, trademark licenses are not granted by the collective group of
> cronies you call "ICANN players", and I am completely familiar with the
> history of the effort.
>
> ICANNatlarge.com is not authorized by or affiliated with ICANN, and its use
> of ICANN trademarks is misleading, deceptive and dilutive.  You either have a
> license or you don't, and it is clear that you don't.
>
> But, keep up the good work, since if ICANN does not act to enforce its
> federally registered trademarks, then it will lose them.  In ten years, we'll
> all be ICANN.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801