Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com

Greetings Joanna,

It is a very simple issue.

Does ICANNatlarge have a license to use ICANN's trademarks?  Your answer, in
about 500 or so words, is "no."

A former Chair of the ICANN Board does not have the authority to grant a
trademark license, and she wouldn't have had that authority even when she was
chair.  As Mr. Cerf is fond of explaining, individual board members are not
entitled to make decisions on behalf of the entire corporation, and Mr. Cerf
is willing to go to court over that principle (whether or not it applies to
the dispute actually being litigated).  It doesn't matter if Esther Dyson
donated, what Mike Roberts thought was a good idea, or how much Denise
Michelle was paid by whom or for what.

Similarly, trademark licenses are not granted by the collective group of
cronies you call "ICANN players", and I am completely familiar with the
history of the effort.

ICANNatlarge.com is not authorized by or affiliated with ICANN, and its use
of ICANN trademarks is misleading, deceptive and dilutive.  You either have a
license or you don't, and it is clear that you don't.

But, keep up the good work, since if ICANN does not act to enforce its
federally registered trademarks, then it will lose them.  In ten years, we'll
all be ICANN.

Regards,

John