Re: [ga] Re: ICANN & Stability

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, at 14:51 [=GMT+0200], Sabine Dolderer/Denic wrote:

> > To reiterate, however, there no threat whatsoever to Internet
> > stability, since the ns.eu.net nameserver continues to function
> > perfectly.
>
> Yes, but as you know dns.xlink.net another KPNQwest server has some
> problems,

The Open Root Server Consortium (ORSC) has the (new) nameservers for .DE
as advertized by your .DE zonefile as of late last night (our time).
Normally the ORSC maintains the root zone for the ccTLDs by copying
ICANN's zone. If ICANN cannot deal with changes in a reasonable way, it
may be best, if the ccTLDs inform ORSC in the future of any nameserver
changes...