Re: [ga] Open letter to the .US Policy Council

> I think this is an internal US-matter. Each and every ccTLD has to sort
> out locally how they build up their relations to the Local Internet
> Community (Including Government).

It's also true that the GA is a gathering place for all of the
constituencies - including the Country Code TLD Constituency

Discussion and/or criticism of CC policy is just as appropriate for the GA
as is any other DNS related technical or policy matter.

I would generally tend to agree with most of your statements, but its also
important to note that Danny was discussing a perceived failure that Neustar
is failing to uphold its responsibility to the .US community - not trying to
dictate policy to the US government.

Of course, all of this will be much cleaner with the advent of the ccSO, but
until then, we're all part of the same SO and should take advantage of the
opportunity that the diversity of views and opinions that our intermingling
creates. Personally, I'm dissappointed that the DNSO will shortly lose a key
element of that diversity.

"The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great
opportunity is where you are. "
                - John Burroughs

Take care,

                     -rwr

"For every problem there is a solution which is simple, clean and wrong."
            - Henry Louis Mencken