RE: [ga] FYI: .org applicant comments (long)

<snip>

Karen - thanks for the clarifications, these answers combined with your
response to the ICANN staff (answering similar questions) helped clear
things up to a large degree for me.

One statement in your supplemental response to the evaluation team
jumped out at me however...

"We alone have designed, developed and operated most of the SRS
solutions internally, ranging from the EPP toolkit, protocol independent
business logic and near-real time updates on DNS, Whois and MX. "

The EPP toolkit that you reference above - is this the same code that is
being developed by the Universal R/RTK project over at Sourceforge under
a GPL license? (http://sourceforge.net/projects/epp-rtk) or has GNR
opted to instead provide a proprietary RTK to its registrars instead of
the public version? What is the plan in this regard if GNR is successful
with the .org bid?

Thanks in advance,

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow