RE: [ga] Re: New TLD Evaluation Process : Specific Question to theBoard

John,

I agree - the point is that if the material is marked proprietary by supplier, staff will need to edit that part out before posting to the public.

vint

At 11:30 PM 9/1/2002 -0400, John Berryhill wrote:

>> I don't know that the reported material contains anything
>> confidential but staff has to read it to find out.
>>
>> vint
>
>That's ridiculous.
>
>It is up to the owner of proprietary information to make that determination.
>If an unqualified disclosure is made to an outside party, i.e. ICANN, then
>the information is by definition not proprietary.
>
>How does ICANN staff determine whether material they have received from
>someone else is proprietary to the party making the disclosure.

Vint Cerf
SVP Architecture & Technology
WorldCom
22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115