Re: Re[2]: [ga] WHOIS policy primer

On 27 Aug 2002, at 23:41, Allan Liska wrote:

> 6. You seem to be in favor of an ISP-monitored address that people
> could use for domain problems.  As overburdened as the help desks of
> most ISPs are, I doubt this is a practical or scalable solution.  The
> delay in support response from Eathlink, AT&T, MSN and the like often
> borders on unacceptable now, asking these same support people to now
> deal with my queries about their customer's websites seems impractical at
> best.

so    dig <domain.tld> soa
and email the postmaster for the domain.  That's the resonsible person.
The domain name holder most likely is not the site designer for one
thing.  The hosting provider would also want to know about any security
holes as well.  In the case of a corporate site where security involves
taking credit cards or personal information, it would also obviously also
have a contact listed (webmaster@<somedomain.sometld>.  If not, I
would be very reluctant to use that site and would contact the hosting
provider regarding security breaches.

You still have not made a case for publishing personal identifying
information in the DNS WHOIS.

Leah