Re: [ga] WHOIS policy primer

Todd, you wrote:  << there MUST be some way of registering a data base
wherein the owner operators of domains are accessible. >>

I have an unlisted phone number.  Law enforcement entities have no difficulty
gaining access to my contact information.  If I create a situation where my
vanity phone number is confusingly similar to that of another, the IP folks
can attempt to subpoena my information through the legal system.  I don't
need to hand it to them on a platter just because they want to go on fishing
expeditions.  The same principles should apply in the domain name system.