[ga] WHOIS policy primer

http://log.does-not-exist.org/archive-0208.html#02082719481030470514

    Here's a first fragment of a draft for a [1]WHOIS policy primer.
    This one's a walk-through of the registrar accreditation
    agreements (actually, there are two of these, with small
    differences), which is hopefully at least a bit more
    understandable than the agreements themselves. Missing bits: A
    review of the .name appendix to the RAA (which is currently
    missing from the ICANN web site), which may contain changes to
    query-based access, and an overview of registries' WHOIS
    provisions. In any event, the most important policies (at least
    from a privacy point of view...) are contained in the RAA: Even
    the thick registries basically make the same query-based access
    available as registrars (with [2].name as an exception), with the
    same non-restrictions on use of the data, and, possibly, advanced
    query possibilities. Bulk access to thick registries' whois data
    is more limited than with registrars. So I hope that this is
    useful even in its current incomplete state. I'll add more when I
    find the time. That means, in particular, not this week.