Re: [ga] Policy on Introduction of Registry Services

Jeff,

There is a reason that ICANN uses "Whereas" clauses.  The clause immediately
preceding the resolution you have referenced cites the General Counsel's
report as a factor that should be taken into consideration by those dealing
with the issue.  These clauses constitute a "sense of the Board" that cannot
lightly be dismissed.  By referencing this report the Board sought to draw
your attention to the matters described therein (including the need to
establish a policy to deal with the future introduction of registry
services).

If your constituency doesn't seek to have a policy or set of procedures
regarding the introduction of registry services, then I can appreciate your
position even if I might not agree with your view.  Similarly, if you believe
that such a policy is better left to another task force, then I would concur
that this is indeed a better way forward.  My aggravation stems from the fact
that we seem to have task forces that ignore the policy issues, that don't
set timelines, that don't publish the minutes of their closed
teleconferences, and that take forever seemingly getting nothing
accomplished.  It's been over ten months, and still we don't have even a
proposed policy on transfers.  Your chairman refuses to set any timeline for
your efforts and the frustration is mounting as registrants are still not
properly represented in this process and can't act to expedite the work of
the TF.

Sure, members of the BC will pop up and claim to represent registrants, but
if they really were our representatives/advocates then we would have long ago
had the work already completed.  They and other "pretenders" don't represent
our interests and the work is clearly languishing without registrant input.
Marilyn has long fought to keep registrants off of her task force and we are
now reaping the consequences of this lack of representation.  It's not that
tough to simply propose a policy and put it up for discussion.  One has to
wonder what Marilyn's true agenda is...