RE: Relations with the ccTLDs (was Re: [ga] Re: Violations of the Bylaws?

<---snip--->

> The DNSO offered several alternatives to the Board including
> acceptance of WLS, with some built-in requirements - the board
> adopted that approach.

<---snip--->

Vint,

With all due respect, the DNSO offered "a primary recommendation, and an
alternative", *not* "several alternatives to the Board including acceptance
of WLS".  The Board rejected the primary recommendation ("Recommendation to
deny the WLS") and went with the alternative recommendation.  The
alternative recommendation, with conditions, was provided because "The TF
takes into account that the ICANN Board may not accept the policy
recommendations noted above for a variety of reasons."; reasons which are
not laid out in the report but which are apparently assumed to be reasons
the Board, in its infinite wisdom, may have which are unknown to the DNSO.
I believe the answer everyone is looking for are the reasons the Board
rejected the DNSO's primary recommendation.

Best regards,

Jeff

--
jeff field