[ga] ah well.....

Although I VERY rarely post anymore, I do occasionally try to keep up with
the times (such as they are). And nothing seems to have changed at all. The
same people are still powerlessly complaining, different same people are
still disingenuously claiming that ICANN is not a governance body, and the
same corporations are still manipulating the process.

Andy G - yes, that was a little too crude, I suppose. In the future you
could simply say that outside counsel for ICANN seems to be "doing ICANN
and the Internet Community prison-style" - which adds the implication of
"without consent" while passing the bad words filter. Of course, his law
firm is also picking up more than 1.5 million a year from this little
venture of his, so it seems that K. W. Jeter's tongue-in-cheek description
of the top management bestseller of the 21st century (Connect 'Em Till They
Bleed: Pimp-Style Management for a New Century) is just too appropriate for
words.

Michael F - keep at it.

Bret F - keep at it.

Kent C - you'll keep at it, I know. Nice to see that you and Theresa are
finally getting paid for your contributions to the corporate deadlock.

Karl  A - just follow the money. About 1/3 of the ICANN budget goes to the
"corporate officers" and the law firm, so it shouldn't be REAL hard to
explain why they fight tooth and nail against disclosure and
accountability. hmm...who is Mike R working for these days, anyway? In the
Enron era, though, I guess this is all just good business.

Was it only 7 years ago that we were concerned about the "fencing of the
commons"? My how time flies...it's rather completely fenced, now, and the
new boss is the same as the old boss.

I have to say, volunteering time for ICANN was definitely enlightening, but
I don't miss it at all.

Have fun,
Greg