Re: [ga] FYI: General Counsel 2nd WLS analysis

George,

Can we really legislate technology development?  Or do you think a judge
can help?
Me thinks perhaps just the small "simpleton" techies in my office can route
around the problem you describe here.  It seems that even as dumb as I am
"i call the systems robotics for some stupid reason" we can prevent such
problems even if they implement WLS.

Now if you are talking of a private individual user that does not
understand such things that is different.
How do we protect the truly ignorant?, and by that I mean those without
specialized knowledge that do not seek advice.  I am afraid no one in this
fora has even suggested a solution to that question.

At a certain point we must go Caveat Emptor.
(to latin hesitant, buyer beware)

Hey you got a solution for my dotcommoners?  Oops, we don't register names
under our own name, we go to lawyers and Doctors and Stockbrockers and ISPs
for professional services.
WLS is a red herring - the pros can beat it and amateurs have no business
in dotCOM.

Sincerely,
eric

(actually I am playing the role of antagonist without full conviction, my
mental jury is still out)