Re: [ga] GNSO policy development chart

At 12:49 PM 8/22/2002 +0200, Alexander Svensson wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>here is an (inofficial) chart of the GNSO policy development process
>according to the Names Policy Development Process Assistance Group
>recommendation:
>
>   http://www.icannchannel.de/gnsopdp1.pdf (95 kB, 3 pages)
>
>If anyone has corrections or comments, please drop me a line!
>
>Best regards,
>/// Alexander

Alexander,

Thank you for the excellent presentation!

While I respect the experience and appreciate the recommendations of the
Names Policy Development Process Assistance Group, I do have one
comment/concern:  ten days may not be enough time to advance or refine
final reports after the public comment period using either approach.

My suggestion is to create a loophole which enables the group to have an
extra ten days (or more time) for situations where well-presented revisions
may need more than ten days only to be developed.  I realize this may
create instances where completed presentations can not happen during face
to face meetings; however, we can certainly devise a solution for this with
the understanding we may create a better process/recommendation.

:)

~k