Joe Sims (was RE: [ga] Re: [Monitor & Chair] Reminder and Final Warnings: Sims, Dierker, Field, Fleming)

Even though, as mentioned in my recent posting, I personally think Joe Sims is an arrogant (fill-in-the-blank) and that ICANN's acknowledged overall failure thus far can be firmly planted at his feet (because ICANN and the Board's collective arrogant "personality" stems from Joe's heavy involvement with the formation of ICANN and ongoing policymaking and policy decisions), I also believe him to be highly intelligent.

It's with that view in mind that I am somewhat at a loss for his recent obvious self-destructive behavior.  With anyone of lesser intelligence, I would pass it off as, "well, that was a stupid thing to do/say".  With Joe, however, I am forced to think of ulterior motives and, whether his actions stem from some intentional plan or his subconscious.  In any case, I guess time will tell.

In the meantime, because I want ICANN to succeed and feel so strongly that Joe Sims (and Jones Day) must have no association with ICANN before real reformation takes place (a view seemingly shared by others), all my efforts regarding ICANN will be directed towards that goal from this point forward.

Anyone who shares this view is invited to contact me directly (contact info is below) with ideas, suggestions, etc. on ways to accomplish this goal and, knowing that just accomplishing that goal is not enough, also welcome are suggestions, ideas, etc. regarding who/what firm might replace Joe/Jones Day.

Best regards,

Jeff

--
jeff field