Re: [ga] RE: "The reform committee continues to refine its proposals..."

Karl and all assembly members,

  Thank you Karl for yet again confirming what most of us that
have been arond for awhile have known sense '98.

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
> (I've pruned the cc-list.)
>
> > ... I would be please by a post from every
> > Director stating that he/she did read the postings on public fora on the
> > subjects on which the Board had to take a decision.
>
> I try to read as much as I physically can, but it is impossible to read,
> much less comprehend, all of it.
>
> Given the ambiguities of human languages it is impossible to say that I
> always "understand" what has been said - I often have to ask follow-up
> questions.  To my mind it is the absence of these clarifying questions
> from other ICANN BoD members and functionaries (including the DNSO NC)
> that indicates that ICANN is, for the most part, not really listening.
>
> And as a board member, I can attest that the news that is fed to the board
> by ICANN's management is highly filtered and pre-digested.
>
> Now, one could excuse this if board members were willing to obtain
> information themselves.
>
>                 --karl--

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801