Re: [ga] Re: [Monitor & Chair] Reminder and Final Warnings: Sims,Dierker, Field, Fleming

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:

> Dear Mr. Henderson,
>
> While I much appreciate the sentiments that I'm sure motivate your request
> quoted below, I appeal to you to withdraw it.  I have always opposed the
> content-based censorship of ICANN-related lists (although I've no
> objection to content-neutral volume or frequency limits), and the fact
> that I happen to be the target of someone's bile does not change my belief
> that censorship on lists relating to public policy-making is both a bad
> idea in principle (people should filter their own mail, not have it done
> for them) and in practice (lists that have censorship policies too often
> end up debating those policies rather than matters of substance).

ya right - you were a bit slow on numourous occassions to defend my rights
when censorship was imposed on yours trully.  by the time you got off you
butt and expounded the great censorship debate i had already managed to
post to the list under altered identities.  thank god i had that power -
relying on you to fight the censorship back then was not a reliable
gamble.

but it gives me great pleasure to see you rejoice in Sims stupidity and
you do play the bewildered rape victim part well - especially with the
forgiveness twist.  my hat off to you froomkin - job well done.

> As to what to make of the actual give and take, I refer readers to Bret
> Fausett's comments at
> http://icann.blog.us/stories/2002/08/17/whoStoleIcannsStrawberries.html

great reading.

joe baptista