RE: [ga] Re: and if we addressed the problem at its real root? (was Re: Names Council Resolution on Reform)

<SNIP>
|> However - A simple solution based on  NAT and Search
|> Engines, which did not exist when DNS was formulated or
|> evolved, is easily fielded. And if they ( the Search Engines
|> and NAT) had existed at the time that DNS was setup, then
|> its my opinion that  DNS would look much different. instead
|> of like the stand-alone embedded address resolution system
|> it is today.
<SNIP>

Todd

You might like to study NAT and the problems that exist with it's use
before you go touting it off as part of any solution involving DNS.  NAT
breaks a lot of DNS related communications at the application level.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.