RE: [ga] Text of Letter to U.S. Commerce Dept. on ICANN Reform

Don't forget that Registry Operators are oligopolies....(?? Thanks for
that MF...)

The problem with employing lobbyists on a full time basis is that they
tend to spend a lot of time catering to every last need of the companies
that they work for. The problem with that approach is that a lot of time
they simply tend to cast empty statements like this.

New note for the ERC: ICANN needs a lot fewer lobbyists running around,
less meetings and less time theorizing on the possible end of the IP
universe. Conversely they need a lot more people that don't run around
at these meetings instead devoting their time to the real operation of
the DNS. Narrower scope? Only if that means fewer self-important people
trying to stay employed....;)

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow