Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] Please could Neulevel respond re: unexplained "unlocking" of names under investigation

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] Please could Neulevel respond re: unexplained "unlocking" of names under investigation
  • From: Gary Osbourne <gro@direct.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 13:38:53 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

cc's trimmed.

At 11:01 AM 01/08/02 -0700, William X Walsh wrote:

>You seem to think that they have some obligation to
>give you the details of any transaction that you
>decide to inquire about.

NeuLevel has characterized their process as fair
and equitable for all internet users. Richard
Henderson (and if you can't tell the difference
between him and Jeff Williams, I pity you) has
pointed out examples where their processes seem
to have been unfair or inequitable. Now if I
find out that something I buy, or something I
try to buy, is not as advertised, then you're
damn right I'd ask the advertiser for an
explanation. And you're also right, they can
tell me to shove it, or they can ignore me,
as they seem to be doing, or they can do any
number of things, some of them hopefully more
of a win-win for both parties.

And if they tell me to shove it, or ignore
me, or don't come up with what I think is at
least a decent explanation, then I am free
to claim that they are guilty of false
advertising and perhaps take further action,
perhaps via government authorities, perhaps
by court action, perhaps a class action suit.

In this case, I suppose that could include
going to ICANN about it, but it appears
that that is a waste of time. What is it
now Richard, three months and counting? -g