Re: [ga] Once more into the breach....

On 2002-07-27 15:47:41 -0700, Gary Osbourne wrote:

>One could make the case that those responsible could do so in such
>a way as to be misleading, or promote certain viewpoints. Factual
>information is neutral, its human manager(s) may not be.

The answer to that problem is not "elections."

>I am thinking along the lines of Usenet where there are
>numerous newsgroup FAQs made available.

... and sometimes you have FAQs which contradict each other, for
good reason.  That's the approach to take.

Writing FAQs is essentially a volunteer's job.  If the information
is useless or wrong or misleading, someone else will speak up.  If
the information is good, you end up as being "the authoritative
source" about some topic area.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/