Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com (not at-large.org) STATUS: NOMINATIONSAND SECONDS

A somewhat different perspective is that Esther and Denise created a site
with a confusingly similar name, to run what one board member calls a
"company union" to confuse and undermine participation in a democratic and
uncontrollable at-large organizing effort.  The Esther/Denise effort has at
the top of its web page the statement:

"Overview ~ What is the At-Large? Individual Users' Voice in ICANN"

THe "At-Large Organizing Committee" apparently does not elect its own
leaders (correct me if I am wrong about this), and does not allow
individuals to join, as individuals.

It is ironic that an organization such as ICANN that was created to protect
trademark owners from passing off activities on domain names, is resorting
to this type of name confusion in the at-large area.   But it is working,
and they they done a good job of marginalizing the democratic at-large
organizing effort that they wanted to cripple.

Jamie

--
------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology